, formerly known as the Joanna Briggs Institute
, is an international research organisation which develops and delivers evidence-based information, software, education and training designed to improve healthcare practice and health outcomes. JBI works with universities and hospitals from across the globe through the JBI Collaboration. The JBI Collaboration has existed since JBI’s inception in 1996 and has grown from a small group of seven centres to more than 70 collaborating entities across 34 countries. JBI is based in Adelaide
JBI’s approach considers the best available evidence, the context in which care is delivered, the individual patient and the professional judgement and expertise of the health professional.
JBI regards evidence-based healthcare as a cyclical process. Global healthcare needs, as identified by clinicians or patients/consumers, are addressed through the generation of research evidence that is effective, but also feasible, appropriate and meaningful to specific populations, cultures and settings.
The JBI Model
The JBI Model of Evidence-based Healthcare was developed in 2005 and updated in 2016.
It is described by reference to a pictogram, with one circle inside another.
The ‘inner circle’ represents the pebble of knowledge while the ‘inner wedges’ provide the organisation’s conceptualisation of the steps involved in the process of achieving an evidence-based approach to clinical decision-making. The ‘outer wedges’ operationalise the component parts of the model and articulate how they might be actioned in a pragmatic way. The arrows indicate that the flow can be bi-directional.
Evidence-based practice resources
JBI has developed evidence-based practice resources and publications which have been driven by the needs of health professionals and consumers worldwide.
Resources include the JBI Evidence Implementation Manual; JBI Evidence Synthesis Manual (JBI’s comprehensive guide to conducting systematic reviews); and Critical Appraisal Tools (includes checklists for randomised control trials, qualitative research, economic evaluations and prevalence studies).
Other evidence-based practice resources and publications, such as JBI SUMARI, can be accessed via EBP Resources.
JBI was established in 1996 by the Royal Adelaide Hospital
and the University of Adelaide
and takes its name from Joanna Briggs, who was the first matron of the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- ^ Dos Santos, W. M.; Secoli, S. R.; Püschel, V. A. (2018). “The Joanna Briggs Institute”. Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem. 26: e3074. doi:10.1590/1518-8345.2885.3074. PMC 6248737. PMID 30462787.
- ^ Pearson, A; Wiechula, R; Court, A; Lockwood, C (2005). “The JBI model of evidence-based healthcare”. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare. 3 (8): 207–215. doi:10.1111/j.1479-6988.2005.00026.x. PMID 21631749.
- ^ Pearson, A; Jordan, Z; Munn, Z (2012). “Translational science and evidence-based healthcare: a clarification and reconceptualization of how knowledge is generated and used in healthcare”. Nursing Research and Practice. 2012: 792519. doi:10.1155/2012/792519. PMC 3306933. PMID 22474583.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Jordan, Z; Lockwood, C; Munn, Z; Aromataris, W (March 2019). “The updated Joanna Briggs Institute Model of Evidence-Based Healthcare”. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare. 17 (1): 58–71. doi:10.1097/XEB.0000000000000155. PMID 30256247.
- ^ https://jbi.global/jbi-approach-to-EBHC
- ^ Jordan, Zoe; Donnell,P.; Pittman, E. (2006). A short History of a big idea (1st ed.). Melbourne, Australia: Ausmed Publications. p. 140. ISBN 978-0-9775153-0-1.
- ^ “About Us – JBI”. 30 August 2017. Archived from the original on 30 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
Please take a note, this is an Archieve Page
. For further information please contact:
Joanna Briggs Institute
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
The University of Adelaide
SA 5006 Adelaide, Australia
+61 8 8313 4880
demo slot bonanza
slot hoki indonesia
situs poker online
situs4d slot4d gacor
judi live baccarat
link betmpo slot
link sbobet terbaru
judi piala dunia
cá cược sbobet
akun jp id pro