Refund and Return Policy
- ITEM MUST BE RETUNED WITHIN: 28 DAYS
- REFUND WILL BE GIVEN: If the merchandise have defects, are not as described, are not fit for purpose
- RETURN POLICY DETAILS: A refund will be given provided items are returned in re-saleable condition (i.e. original tags and labels in place, in original packaging, unworn, unused as sold). The refund in most cases will be minus shipping and packaging fees.
Website Content Approval
All content on the Joanna Briggs Institute website is subject to an approval process. Scientific content cites the author(s) of the content and undergoes peer review prior to uploading. Text and information content is uploaded subject to approval of the Institute web committee (made up of the Institute Executive team) and the Executive Director. For any further information regarding the above please contact via email: email@example.com
The Joanna Briggs Institute is an independent, not-for-profit, member organisation predominantly funded by subscriptions and membership fees. The Institute also benefits from a small annual state government grant. A percentage of membership fees are distributed to collaborating centres of the Institute to support research activity that benefits the Joanna Briggs Institute membership. The Joanna Briggs Foundation is a charitable body established in late 2008 to raise funds to support the work of the Institute with researchers in developing countries.
Policy on commercial sponsorship
- Commercial sponsorship of a Joanna Briggs Institute Systematic Review is prohibited. Commercial sponsorship refers to funding provided by any for-profit manufacturer or provider of health care, or for any for-profit source with real or potential vested interest in the findings of a specific review. Government departments, not-for-profit medical insurance companies, health management organisations, research funding bodies, trust funds (whether associated with commercial entities or not) that provide funds using judgement of merit as determined by experts, for-profit companies that do not have real or potential vested interests in systematic reviews (e.g. banks, airlines) are considered non-commercial sources of potential sponsorship.
- Commercial sponsorship for other activities, such as printing, advertising, conference support and support for outreach training programs, is acceptable subject to the following:
Authors of Joanna Briggs Institute reviews should declare any financial support for the review, private clinical practice (if relevant), stocks, legal advice, consultancies, involvement in primary research in the subject area of their review, and any other 'competing interests' that they judge relevant.People with a direct financial interest in a particular intervention should not be involved in a review of that intervention, either as review authors or peer reviewers.Joanna Briggs Institute entities seeking (or currently in receipt of) sponsorship or support from sources that are classified as "non-commercial" in this policy (eg. government departments, not-for-profit medical insurance companies; health management organisations; research funding bodies; trust funds (whether associated with commercial entities or not) that provide funds using judgement of merit as determined by experts; for-profit companies that do not have real or potential vested interests in systematic reviews such as banks, airlines) should establish that accepting such sponsorship does not compromise the integrity of the Institute; and should seek advice from the Institute in situations where this is uncertain.Commercial sponsorship of any Joanna Briggs Institute activity by the tobacco industry or the arms trade is prohibited.
- Sponsorship should not in any way influence the independence of the Institute
- A statement declaring that the sponsor(s) support of the activity has not influenced the content or outcome of the activity should be attached, in an appropriate way, to all information related to the activity
- Advertising is not permissible on the Joanna Briggs Institute website. Acknowledgement of sponsorship and/or support may be made with a link to the supporter/sponsor home web page.